Saturday 17 January 2009

Cuttlebug Challenge 14

This week's challenge from the Cuttlebug blog is all about using your favourite folder. I don't have all that many folders at the moment, in fact, I have three. The birthday one, the swirls one, and the snow village scene. Yep, that's it!

In any case the challenge was very timely because it's my Dad's 60th birthday next weekend and so this week my favourite folder is the birthday one! ha ha!! I am sure that we all have favourites that change on a weekly basis depending on what's going on. (And don't worry - he is the LAST person in the entire universe to look at this blog!! He may look at my personal one but only if Mum points out something to him!!)

009

The blues work well here for a masculine card I think and it's a simple card that, even if I say so myself, looks good! (I am definitely embellished challenged as I prefer the simpler cards, so I might try the 2RedBannanas challenge next - a creative ribbon challenge)

010

P.S. Is it just me but does everyone else want to to type Cuttleblog instead of Cuttlebug blog?!

12 comments:

Annie said...

No it's not just you - I have to stop myself typing that too.

Love your card and I'm sure your Dad will. The birthday folder is a great one to have and I'm sure it will still be well used even when you have loads more folders.

thanks for joining the challenge this week and I do hope you'll join in future challenges.

Ann xxx

Allison said...

lovely card and you are right three is not enough
Thanks for joining us this week
Cuttlehugs
AllisonX

Anonymous said...

Beautiful!! Thanks for joining us in the challenge this week.

myself said...

Perfect and simple. Love your card! BTW... I love the border folders, too. You should check those out!

Meda said...

You made an awesome card. I am always in trouble when I have to make masculine cards but you did great.

Cassie said...

this is wonderful - i know your dad will love it! i love the circles!!

Amber said...

What a beautiful card! Love that it is masculine, I think the hardest thing in the world is to make a "guy" card, it so difficult for me not to use pink! But your card is stunning. Hope you join us for future Cuttlebug Challenges and hope your Dad has a great bday!
Hugs
Amber

mphoinix said...

Great card for your dad :)
You will be featured on 1/29/09 at http://cuttlebugchallenge.blogspot.com
Thanks
Maggie

michele said...

Hi Sam, lovely card, i am sure your dad will love it! love your blog! thanks for stopping by the
c4e blog! hugs mx

Clare said...

This is great. Very clever. I'm sure your dad will love it. Thanks for joining my blog candy giveaway. Good luck, hugs Clare x

Christy said...

Great color choices!

Captain Scrappy said...

Great card! Your dad will love it :)