Sunday 20 September 2009

Challenges

I am sure that I have mentioned challenges before on this blog….just that I haven’t taken part in many of them yet. Which quite likely explains my sheer lack of inspiration as there is nothing like a challenge and a bit of pressure to get the brain cells firing!!

Anyway, this little face must surely be one of the most recognised teddy bears in the world (aside from old Winnie the Pooh that is!), yes, it’s Paddington Bear.

006

And the reason that I have chosen this stamp for this card is because there is a challenge called Beary Nice going on on the One Stop Craft Challenge blog. As it happened I had stamped and coloured in old Paddington the other day but put him aside as it wasn’t really appropriate for the card that I had in mind, so he was all ready to go!!

001

The layout is a very specific one too! The layout comes from the Card Positioning Systems blog (yes – two challenges in one!!). The second photograph is not all that brilliant as the lighting is all wrong, but I think that the card would be good for a third birthday – seeing as there are three candles!!

Finally – a question for you – just what am I supposed to do with this stamp!!

004

I found in the bargain bin of the local Range and just giggled at the sentiment which is why I bought it. However – I don’t think that it really fits any occasion other than Halloween and we don’t tend to do Halloween cards in this country. But I just had to have this stamp – now I am looking for ideas!! (without insulting anybody of course ha ha!)

2 comments:

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

I love Paddington bear. He's just so adorable. Your card is absolutely lovely. Thank you for joining us at the One Stop Craft Challenge.
Sharon xx

Pamela said...

Great card! As for that stamp...do you scrapbook, I can for sure see it on a scrapbook page.