Tuesday 29 September 2009

Black and White….

….and one other colour is this week’s challenge from the Papertake Weekly blog. Having sorted out my colours the other week, I knew I didn’t have much in the way of black paper, but I didn’t realise just how little black paper I had!!

Nevertheless, I knew I had a black pen, possibly some black ribbon, and most definitely black stamping ink (no respectable stamper is without a black stamp pad!!). So I sat down at my desk, which after only a week or so of crafting needs tidying again, and thought about what to do.

002

The above photo is the result of a few minutes thought (do click to make bigger if you need to!) and I am very pleased with this as black and purple always goes well together. The roses are on white paper although it looks more creamy in this light and those two studs are white of course – are they called studs? Do they have a proper name – I don’t know!? EYELETS!!! Yes, I knew I knew that – had just forgotten ha ha!

Anyway – you see that black paper cut out using the biggest nestability? Well, it’s not. It’s white paper coloured black on the edge – I really must go and get some black paper – or even better some of that lovely polka dot paper.

3 comments:

Sharon Caudle said...

LOL! You're a riot! Beautiful card, and hope you didn't run your marker out of ink coloring the paper! Love your color choice! Thanks for playing along with us at PTW. Hugs!

Jill said...

beautiful card I love the colour combo, your right the purple looks fab with the black and white thanks for joining us at PTW hugs Jill xx

Donna said...

Lovely card and a great combo of colours! Thanks for playing along with this weeks colour challenge at PTW Donna x