Saturday 13 December 2008

Card Challenges

There are just so very many card challenges out there that a girl simply doesn't know where to begin! However, of the challenges that are currently floating around, I thought that it would be good to see if I could match up some of my Christmas cards to them and save me a bit of time cos time is something that I (along with many of you I am sure) am very short of at the moment with Christmas on the horizon!

So, the Elzybells challenge and the Stamp Something challenge for this week are actually both the same - something in red, gold and green, which is just perfect for Christmas. I made lots of card this year for a fair where I work (we have a new HR Director and she suggested that we have a staff fair - you can read more about this on my other blog if you wanted!) and this was one of the many that I made.

001

It is actually rather simple, the swirly tree stamped on green card using a clear stamp and then embossed with gold powder before cutting out and putting onto a piece of red card. The card itself is covered half and half with green paper and patterned Merry Christmas paper. There isn't all that much red, but the card still has all three elements!! (Sorry, I don't have brand names - do you guys prefer to know where things are coming from? Unfortunately I tend not to remember where things have come from unless it really really matters to me!)

1 comment:

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is beautiful! Love the image and the gold touches. Thanks for playing. :)