Monday 19 October 2009

Yes I won!

Like I said yesterday, some of us do actually win those amazing blog candys – they are most certainly not figments of your imagination!

I was fortunate enough to win some lovely Stampin’ Up goodies from the generous Amanda at Inspiring Inkin’. I won the Circle Circus stamp set, the mat pack, a stabby needle thing (!) and a choice of paper and ink – I chose the earth elements paper pack and it took me absolutely flippin’ ages to choose the colour ink!! After changing my mind several times I settled on Close to Cocoa and I think that the card I have made for my uncle perfectly showcases all of that!!

002

004

I just love that colour and the mat pack…..I just love it – I have always liked seeing those pinprick effects on other people’s work but haven’t dared try it myself as I knew that I would go quite wonky. With the mat pack, I don’t have to worry – I can stab paper to my hearts content and know that it will turn out wonderfully!! ;-) You can’t really see it very well in the first photograph, but the second shows the pinpricking fairly well although I am quite surprised at how the two photos make the card look like two different ones with differing shades of brown. The right lighting is clearly important - naturally it looks better in real life!

Anyway…thank you so much to Amanda for sending me this, I will most certainly get the most out of these goodies!

2 comments:

Hayley said...

fab cards & how great is it that you won!

Jeannie said...

Congrats on the win!
Great card!

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie