Monday 25 January 2010

Fun evening!!

Hayley (local Stampin’ Up gal!) put on a free card making evening to try and encourage people to find out a bit more about SU.  It was a packed hall with twenty people all wanting to make a few cards and meet like minded people.

011

I brought along a friend of mine and we had a good laugh making the cards in the photograph.  I think that my favourite is the pink cups card, but I also like the easel card with the house set, and then the blue birthday card would be great for a birthday boy and of course, the green and brown circles card is just funky!! heck – I like ‘em all!! ;-)

018

We were also given two lovely little freebies – a covered notebook and a wrapped bar of chocolate – now, of course the chocolate is a yummy treat (thanks Hayley!!) but I am more curious as to how it works!! But do I dare take it apart to see how it works!!?  Particularly as when you push the chocolate back down, the ribbon goes back down as well!!  There are some very clever people out there indeed!

019

In any case, I met up with some newly made craft friends, and made a few more tonight.  Don’t believe anyone that says that crafting is a lonely hobby – it really isn’t!!

P.S. Don’t forget to enter my blog candy – you have until the 31st January!!  And if you are really interested – have a look at my personal blog where you can find out about One World One Heart – a massive get-together of blogs all over the world – each us giving away a little something or two!!

1 comment:

Julia Dunnit said...

Really nice cards Sam...I hope it was worthwhile for your SU friend! The choc is done on the same principal as a slider card...will have a rummage see if I can direct you to the instructions..someone will!